Registration Is Now Open For Continuing Education Classes
We’re excited to share that registration is now open on our new website, www.ncbuilderinstitute.com. You can now search for classes being held near you, add them to your cart and securely pay online. These classes count towards fulfilling your Continuing Education (CE) requirement for license renewal.
Before we continue, we want to quickly address COVID-19: We understand that there is a lot of uncertainty regarding the virus and its impact on our industry. The North Carolina Home Builders Association has been working tirelessly to ensure that residential construction continues in a manner that is safe and consistent with CDC guidelines about sanitation and social distancing.
At the moment we are not aware of any changes regarding the required 8 hours of Continuing Education for General Contractor (GC) license qualifiers. Therefore, NCBI stands ready to provide classes statewide to help general contractors satisfy this requirement. Moreover, the bulk of our classes do not begin until August, by which time we expect to be able to safely hold classes in person.
Our new website is where fulfilling your CE starts. As an NCBI student, you are receiving priority access to the site before it is launched to a larger universe of GCs.
A few important first steps:
1. If you have not already set up your account, please click here to learn how to reset your password.
2. If, for some reason, your email address is not already in our system, you will be able to create an account once in the student portal.
To log-in to the student portal, follow the instructions below.
1) Click the log-in button (highlighted below) from the home screen.
2) You will see the page below. Once you have entered your email address and password, click the “Login” button, .
Once you are logged in, you will see a menu along the left-hand column of your screen that displays a “Shop” option:
When you click “Shop” you will arrive at the “Upcoming Courses” page that displays information such as course title, date, time, location, instructor and price. See steps below to search, select courses and checkout:
1) You may search classes by location using the filters to the left. Note: the site defaults to show all courses and locations. If you wish to narrow your search, select a few locations with check marks and click the “Apply Filters” button.
2) At the bottom of each course listing there is a blue button to either “Add To Cart” or “Go To Website”. In the case of the latter, this means that a local HBA is administering this course and so you must register through an external website. For classes offered by the North Carolina Builder Institute, you will simply click “Add To Cart”.
3) Once you have finished selecting classes, proceed to checkout.
How To Receive Member Discount
If you are an HBA member, you will receive a discount on your registration. However, you must add your member PIN number to your profile in order to receive this discount. If you do not know your PIN number, CONTACT YOUR LOCAL HBA. NCBI/NCHBA does not have access to this information and therefore we cannot look it up for you.
To add your member PIN to your profile, look at the main navigation along the left-hand side of your screen and click “Account” and then “Profile” in the drop-down menu. This will take you to the “Edit Profile” page. The last field at the bottom of the page is where you should enter you member PIN and then CLICK SAVE.
Thank you for your patience as we continue to tweak our site and make signing up for classes as easy as possible. Please reach out if you have questions about NCBI or how to register!
Contact Alison Barnes by email or call (800) 662-7129.